Wednesday 27 July 2011

Upcycled Pedestal Table

  Here are some photos of pedestal table that I mentioned in the last post. Our friend Samantha recently moved into her first house so this will be the housewarming gift. I hope she likes it.

The top and legs are made from soft maple I had in the wood rack.

The finish is still drying, I believe the top will need some more work.

  Still have another coat to go on the finish then polish it up with a little wax after the finish is good and hard. I considered doing some beading on the legs to follow off of the v grooves on the base of the turned section but it started to look to busy down there.
I was going to rout a profile on the edge of the top but it looks pretty good this way too. Maybe an inlay of maple stringing around the top a 1/2" in from the edge would look nice. Hmmmm......

Until next time, thanks again
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment