Monday 4 August 2014

Bringing Back Me

  Some may have noticed that there is a new blog link at the top of the page called Bringing Back Me.

  I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
What is that? A lot of people call it stress. I wish it were that simple for me.
It is also absolutely the wrong way to think of it. Stress comes and goes. PTSD does not. It haunts you. It makes you angry. It makes you detach from society. It can lead you into a deep pit from which you cannot climb out. I often felt that every time I am about to reach the surface another blow knocks me to the bottom. After a while the bottom doesn't seem so bad so you just stay there. Stay there long enough and no one can find you.

 So if you have any interest in PTSD check it out. If you think you have PTSD get help.
Everything I write here are my own observations. I do not claim to have the answers. I only know what is happening to me.

 Also let me tell you I am not crazy. The doctor has told me so and I believe him. I am also not using PTSD as an excuse to duck out of working. Believe me I would much rather be pursing a normal work life like most other people. I like to feel productive just like anyone else.

 Follow my journey if you can. Writing about it makes me feel a little more connected to the world around me. It may help you understand me better or my affliction.

Don't worry there will still be lots of wood working stories on here in the future. Wood working lets me focus my mind. The doc calls it mindfulness. Basically mindfulness through wood working. Sounds like a good book title.

thanks for reading
Ken

1 comment: