Thursday 26 December 2013

Somers' bar is open


  As promised in the last post we finished up the the liquor cabinet and the doors for beneath the sink space.
The liquor cabinet is about 8 inches deep overall and sports these snazzy sliding doors. The sliding doors are a real space saver in the area behind the bar. The panels for the sliding doors are made by resawing some 2 1/2 in thick quarter sawn oak  into 1/4 inch slices and edge gluing them together. Makes it really nice with the ray flecks mingling amongst the grain of the door frames. As always click on the pics to see a larger picture.


Open Sesame

   Here is how it looks altogether. It was nice to finally stand in front of it and just enjoy a drink and some conversation. Bob's wine aerator works awesome.


Here's looking at the business side of the bar.

  I'll be back to hang the doors on the bar cabinet. Maybe have a little more wine?
Bob and Lynn are the nicest people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. I can't say enough.

  It leaves me with a great feeling knowing that they will have many enjoyable moments with family and friends in the years to come around my work.

  Once again my skills have let me make someone happier.
I am most thankful to have this wonderful skill and the time to use it.

Who can I make happy next? Maybe you?

Thanks for reading
Ken



No comments:

Post a Comment